Tuesday 19 June 2012

Meal Planning Monday 18th June 2012





Feels a wee bit like GroundHog Day but here we are again with Meal Planning Monday.

Pray tell what are The Simpson Clan chowing down on this week?




Monday - lamb stew done in the slow cooker. Made using a couple of ladles of the lentil Dahl we had last week, with onion, potatoes, sweet potato/kumara, carrot, stock, tomato puree/paste and bisto added and curry powder, salt and pepper to season.

Tuesday - I'm making an Annabel Karmel pasta dish for Second Born Son called Popeye Pasta from the Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner. I seem to remember it being really tasty when I made it for Darling Daughter. So tasty in fact that we had some ourselves so I will make a batch of that for us all to have. I will add some crispy bacon and cayenne pepper for the grown ups.

Wednesday - eeeek! I will tackle the mussels tonight. I got a really easy looking recipe from the countdown website. The only thing I needed to buy was the mussels and chopped tomatoes, I have everything else in the cupboard. I'll write more about this in my Fishy Friday blog post this Friday.

Thursday - good old chicken in a bag. It's meant to be a whole chicken but I will just chuck in 3 big breasts, some tatties, carrot and sweet potato/kumara and serve with some broccoli. Darling Daughter will have this with us but her new highly unamusing game is 'I'm not eating any tea'. Such fun!

Friday - I'm going to make a batch of chicken soup and we will make some home made pizzas. A variation of a suggestion from Actual Super Mummy. Very basic but we will just use some baguette bread, chopped tomatoes, cheese, pineapple, ham and anything else we fancy.

Saturday - chicken supreme tonight. One of my childhood favorites, my mum would make it for my birthday dinner or if I was coming home from uni for the weekend, so on and so forth. I can never make it as good as mummy does but it's good enough. I'll do something with what ever veg we have left.

To see some other meal planning ideas click here and hop on over to At Home With Mrs M.



No comments:

Post a Comment