Friday 15 June 2012

Fishy Friday

Its Fishy Friday again peeps.
I went to pick up Lil Sis' from work today and look who rocked up at the same time.



A bit different to the fish van I remember from when I was a little girl growing up in South Queensferry!
I really wanted to get some good pictures of the action side of the van but the guy was a bit shy (and presumably thought I was mad). Also not sure the punters wanted to be photographed either.
I did get this picture though. Unfortunately the light wasn't very good but you get the gist.
With regard to eating fish this week we have had prawns twice.
Firstly we had Thai Green Curry Prawns. I got the recipe from my friends blog post 'How to Cook Seafood - lights, camera, action'? It was yummy although I used a ready made green curry paste, next time I want to make my own. (get me eh!)
The second prawn dish was a real basic stir fry with a packet sauce, frozen veg and noodles. Basic but yummy nonetheless!
Hold on to your hats though fishy folk!!! This week I am embracing my Fortnightly Fish Challenge and jumping right out of my comfort zone. I am going to make a dish with mussels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eeeeek!
Lil Sis' has already opted out of eating with us that night, charming.
Or maybe sensible!
Only time will tell!
Off to look at recipes before I have an exclamation mark overload!!

No comments:

Post a Comment